Saturday, July 20, 2013

Starting again...this time with a little help...

My last post was in November of 2011.  I found out shortly after that time that I was pregnant, so there ended the weight loss journey.  I did, however, only gain about 15 lbs during my entire pregnancy.  I would like to say that was due to my excellent willpower, but no...it was due to my extreme sickness for all 40 weeks of the pregnancy.

So, time to get serious again.  I have been working out four times a week this summer, but have lost nothing.  :-(  So, I decided to get a little weight loss help. I have a friend on facebook (like someone I know, not someone who I randomly added because I knew someone who maybe knew them once) who has been posting about Plexus Slim for nearly a year.  I've seen others I know use the product and lose weight, so I decided to see what the fuss was about. Plexus is a health and wellness company that sells various wellness supplements (everything from breast exam kits featured on The Doctors to appetite suppressants to probiotics). 

Plexus Slim, the product I chose to try, is a powder that contains various vitamins and minerals (no caffeine) that you add to a bottle of water (or 16 ounces) that curbs your appetite. It takes like cherry Crystal Light. They recommend that you drink it about 30 minutes before a meal.  Plus, and this is important, you need to drink half you body weight in ounces of water per day.  So...just because I need easy numbers...if you weigh 150 lbs, drink 75 ounces of water per day.  That's it.  Does the huge amount of water consumption aid in the appetite suppression?  Uh, yes.  You can't eat a ton of food if your tummy is full of water.  But, IT WORKS.

I only drink one bottle of water with Plexus Slim in the morning (plus lots of regular water the rest of the day) and I can honestly tell a real difference.  I'm not experiencing the cravings or as big of an appetite at meal times, so I can tell I'm eating less. Actually, I'm probably eating the serving size that I'm supposed to be eating!! There is also an "accelerator" that you can take in conjunction with it that is supposed to maximize the weight loss.  It does contain some caffeine (they say don't take this if you have high blood pressure), but I didn't experience any ill effects, and I had my blood pressure checked again after I used it to be safe).  I'm fairly sensitive to caffeine as I have never been a coffee or tea drinker. They also sell various probiotics if you suffer from...well...issues with that.

I did this for a couple of months and lost about 8 lbs.  During that time, I didn't really work out at all.  I attribute the weight loss mostly to portion control that was facilitated by Plexus Slim.  Afterward, it was time for my yearly physical, so I decided to make sure I was healthy before I continued with this.  My physical went great - all sugar levels, cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and EKG were normal.  Yay!  It should be noted that last year my cholesterol level was a little high.  There are too many factors to for me to say Plexus is the reason it went down (I was pregnant last year, I've been exercising, etc.), but nevertheless, everything was perfect.

So...here we go.  I'll make occasional posts letting you know about my progress.  My plan is to work out four times a week (Plexus doesn't require exercise, but it is most effective when joined with a solid workout plan).  I'm also going to be checking in with my primary care physician periodically along my journey.  I will be completely honest through the process.  If it works, great!  If not, I'll tell you that, too.  Bottom line, weight loss comes down to burning more calories than you consume.  Any health/wellness supplement is just that - a supplement that helps you through the process.   I did my research here, and if you have any major health issues, ALWAYS check with your doctor before consuming any supplement. Everyone's body is different.  Remember, the FDA does not review any vitamin or nutritional supplement. 

Oh, and when I ordered Plexus, I signed up to be a distributor (aka "Ambassador") to take advantage of the wholesale prices.  So if, at any point we decide that this works, and you decide to try it too, order it from my site - www.plexusslim.com/hollywarren


No comments:

Post a Comment