Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Did you know?

Did you know that if you allow more than 8 hours to pass between meals, the calories don't actually count?  Somehow, that's what I managed to convinced myself to be true in the past.  However, despite the fact that it has been nine hours and counting since lunch, I'm still planning to eat my planned dinner.

Last night, I prepared some Mexican chicken in the crockpot.  It's a Hungry Girl recipe, and it has crushed tomatoes, roasted red peppers, diced chiles, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and chicken. You cook it in the crockpot and then shred the chicken.  However, because I left the crockpot in the fridge all day, most of the sauce was absorbed into the chicken. It's still yummy...but not quite as saucy as I was hoping.  I'm making chicken tacos.  The worst part is the tortillas.  I know they make low calorie tortillas, but Glen was in charge of shopping this week.  Also, the low-cal tortillas often stick together so badly they are shredded by the time you get them apart.  I'm topping the tacos with the chicken, onions, peppers, salsa, and some cheese. Yum!

Here's today:
          Breakfast:  Cereal bar (160 calories)
          Lunch:  Leftover pasta from last night's dinner (500 calories), 100 calorie cupcake
          Dinner:  Chicken tacos (530 calories for three tacos)
          Dessert: Lowfat Caramel Ice cream (130)
Total for the day:  1420 calories


I didn't make it to the gym today.  I got allergy shots and visited a friend at the hospital instead.  My goal is to go Wednesday, Friday, and maybe Saturday.  I need to address my breakfast menu.  What is something I can eat in the car that is filling and low-cal?  I don't mind preparation (though minimal), but I have to be able to eat in the car.  I'm just not willing to get up any earlier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment