Saturday, January 29, 2011

Don't ask, don't tell...

Tonight was a hard night.  We went to the visitation of our friend who passed away from cancer on Wednesday.  Going to a visitation/funeral for someone who died so young, so quickly is heartbreaking. I know without a doubt he is in heaven tonight, but my heart hurts for his wife, parents, and other friends.  So, afterward, Glen and I took advantage of having a babysitter (my dad) and stopped for dinner on the way home. After such a sad/difficult evening, we decided to splurge a little and to go to Fini's. I knew it would be hard to eat healthy there, but I am a little proud of myself for how I did. I knew we would likely eat out tonight so I tried to eat low calorie for lunch.

          Breakfast: None...Glen got up with Caleb and let me sleep late so I didn't eat any. I got up at 9:00, but I wasn't really hungry. Chipotle was filling yesterday.
          Lunch:  Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup (220 calories), 200 calorie Diogiorno pizza, saltines (30 calories)
          Dinner:  Caesar salad, Cheese Ravioli with Marinara (I ate maybe 2/3 of it), and one roll. (Calories - no idea, but I figure after only 450 calories all day, it was okay).
 
Total for the Day:  I'm guessing 1000 calories for dinner, so 1450. The salad didn't have much dressing, and it wasn't as heavy as a traditional caesar dressing anyway.  It was more vinagrette-like. 

But, even if I'm way off and dinner was 1500...it's still below 2000 calories.  I chose the cheese ravioli because I knew that was one of the lower calorie Italian options, plus it was yummy.  I didn't eat it all, and Caleb LOVES cheese ravioli so he can have the leftovers tomorrow.  As someone who has said that emotions don't drive my eating...I was wrong.  Sometimes, I am an emotional eater.

By the way, if someone happens to know the calorie content of my dinner tonight...don't tell me. I don't want to know if I'm way off.  Unless I'm estimating too high. Then tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment