Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's your favorite food?

So I mentioned yesterday was a rough day...yesterday morning, a friend from our church passed away from cancer.  He was only 28. Glen and I were good friends with him and his wife, so we are deeply saddened.  I found out while I was at work and couldn't get away.  Definitely be in prayer for his wife and family!!

Later on, I received a call from my husband letting me know Caleb was sent home with a fever.  He's okay (we think he has a sinus infection...he's prone to them due to his cleft palate repair).  Glen took Caleb to the doctor, and I wrote sub plans.  So I'm home today with Caleb...I've watched 4 episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine, 1 episode of Sesame Street, and now am watching Despicable Me. He loves it! 

I haven't yet told you about my secret food vice. My favorite food...which has almost zero calories and no fat. It's the perfect side item to any dish!  They're cheap!  They're crunchy!  They're...pickles!  I love pickles. They go with everything - soup, sandwiches, pizza, tacos, poppyseed chicken. No, I don't eat pickles and ice cream (gross!) but I do include pickles with at least one meal a day.  I don't really count them in my calorie count because they only have like 5 calories per serving.  I only eat dill pickles, and I prefer Claussen or Publix brand hamburger chips.  But...I'll eat other kinds if I have to.

I didn't eat two helpings last night, just one...so I came in at 990 calories.  But...it had been a rough day and I did eat less than normal. Here's today's menu:
          Breakfast:  None...I was home with Caleb and just didn't eat.  I know...not good.
          Lunch:  Two mini-quesadillas made out of the mexican chicken I ate on Tuesday night with some chips (350 calories for quesadilla, 150 for chips...and 5 for a pickle).
         Dinner:  Poppyseed chicken.  This is fat-free sour cream, fat-free cream of chicken soup mixed together with 1 lb.of chicken.  It's topped with one sleeve of reduced-fat ritz crackers and poppyseeds, served over 1/2 cup white rice, and veggies on the side (when I remember them). (400 calories per serving)
         Dessert:  Ice Cream (130 calories)

Total for the day: 1055

1 comment:

  1. Um....

    Pickles most definitely do NOT go with poppyseed chicken.

    They go with lots of other things though.

    Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete