Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm hungry!

I woke up at 4:30am this morning STARVING!  I couldn't believe how hungry I was.  However, I didn't end up eating the ice cream last night (1299-130=1169!  I'll be making up those calories this week, don't worry.) Anyway, so I laid in bed thinking about food, and eventually fell back asleep.  Hopefully, that won't become a nightly occurrence.  I have never been one of those people who snacked in the middle of night (I like to sleep way too much to get up), but I seriously considered last night for the first time.

Just a note about the pasta I made last night - I used veggie pasta (tomato, carrot, and spinach noodles).  It has tons of protein and fiber and is surprisingly tasty!  However, I did overcook it by a couple of minutes because I got on Facebook and got sucked in.  By the time I mixed it with the sauce and baked it for the required 20 minutes, it was a little mushy.  But we ate it, and it was pretty good (Glen even took the leftovers to work today.  Maybe next week I'll make it again and not overcook the pasta.

So...here's my  menu for today.  Again, I haven't actually made the dinner yet, but this is my plan.
                  Breakfast:  Cheerio Cereal Bar (160 calories). 
                  Lunch:  Lean Cuisine Pepperoni Pizza (350 calories), apple (60 calories...totally made up that amount, but it has to be close.), 100 calorie cakes (uh, 100 calories)
                  Snack:  handful of Gummi Life Savers - probably about 100 calories
                  Dinner: Ziti with tomato basil sauce and asiago cheese sauce - I make this with skim milk so it's not too bad...but this is definitely one of my higher calorie meals. The tomato basil sauce has like 35 calories - it's just garlic, crushed tomatoes, and basil. . I'm estimating the calories but I entered it on one of those recipe calorie counters and this is what I got. (500 calories...not as bad as I thought). 
                Dessert:  Lowfat Caramel Ice Cream (130 calories).  I'm totally going to eat this tonight.

Total for the day:  1400!

I did go to the gym today as well. I worked out on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes, then did weights for 15-20 minutes.  When I did Weight Watchers, you always had to eat your workout points the same day.  Maybe I should have some extra pasta...yes?

Also - for those of you who are admiring my carb-loaded diet, I must admit a love for pasta.  However, I did have veggie pasta last night, and I like whole-wheat pasta (though today it's just regular ziti).  My next couple of dinners won't be pasta, though.  I had to make tomorrow night's dinner a few minutes ago and put it in the crock pot for a few hours.  I never leave stuff in the crock pot all day because it ends up being like 10 hours by the time I get home, sometimes longer.  I'm super excited about tomorrow's dinner, but I'll share that later.


See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment