Sunday, May 15, 2011

Randomness...

When was the last time you had a McDonald's french fry?  I bought Caleb a cheeseburger and fries recently, and I ate one of his french fries. They were awful! I love fries with honey mustard, so it's not like I don't enjoy the occasional french fry.  But these were awful.  For a long time, I worked at a BBQ restaurant in Conyers while I was in high school and college.  I learned something important there:  never cook fries in the same oil that you fry anything else (chicken fingers, corn, mozzarella sticks, etc). I don't know that McDonald's is frying anything else other than chicken nuggets, so it shouldn't be too hard to keep the oils separate.  These particular fries tasted like the oil had been used for many other things.  At any rate, it cured me of my McDonald's fry love (sorry, Mickey D's...I still have other enjoyments...apple pie...mmmm).

This weekend was busy,  but I was pretty good. Saturday I woke up with a terrible headache.  I was scheduled to go to Chattanooga to see Thomas and Sir Topham Hatt (I know, exciting) so I had to get rid of the headache, pronto.  I was out of my migraine meds, and the pharmacy wasn't going to open before I left,  so I had to improvise.  I've found one of the best aids for getting rid of a headache is caffeine and sugar.  So, for breakfast, I had a blueberry fritter (that I have been wanting for a week) and a coke. My head still hurt so I ended up stopping for some Excedrin Migraine.  Success!  There is a ton of caffeine in these pills, so I was a little jumpy, but at least my headache subsided.

For lunch, I had a bbq sandwich and a few cheetos (Caleb helped eat the small bag). I don't know how many calories.  For dinner, we had pizza.  FYI:  Pizza Hut Supreme pizza with extra cheese and sauce on a thin crust is AWESOME.

Sunday it was back to my regular diet. Captain Crunch for breakfast (150 calories), leftover pasta for lunch (500 calories), Reese's PB Egg (150 calories, Snack: popcorn (100 calories), and poppyseed chicken for dinner (400 calories), and ice cream for dessert (130 calories).  Total for Sunday: 1430.  Not bad, and I went running today, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment