Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stress-Induced Eating

I've always been one of those people who thought that stress-induced eating was always an excuse.  I mean, we make the choice to eat foods that are bad for us.  But, sometimes, especially after I started cataloging all my food, did I realize that I regularly succumb to this.  I remember when I was living with my mom that on bad days I would refer to it as a "Pizza Day".  This meant that I had earned the right to eat pizza.  Preferably pizza from Atlanta Pizza and Gyro with feta cheese.  Feta cheese makes everything better.  That's for a different blog, though.

At any rate, yesterday I was tired and grumpy.  I don't know that I had a particularly good reason, but I was feeling it yesterday.  So, I decided that since I had book club, that I would skip the workout and have dinner beforehand rather than waiting until 9pm to eat.  I convinced Glen (it took NO convincing) to come to On the Border (we had gift cards).  Of all the restaurants, OTB is not one of the healthiest. I mean, they have healthy options, but I did not opt for those.  I opted for yummy.

Comfort food gets its name for a reason.  You feel comforted when you eat it.  Other than the brief passing guilt of eating unhealthily, I did feel better afterward. Hmmm. I guess the problem is when every night requires comfort food.  However, as you can see, I was really low on calories on Monday and Wednesday.   This makes up for it, yes?

Monday:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  leftover poppyseed chicken, apple, oatmeal creme pie (600 calories)
Dinner:  cowboy spaghetti (400 calories)
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories
Total:  1290 calories

Tuesday: 
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  leftover cowboy spaghetti (400 calories)
Dinner:  On the Border - one chicken enchilada, one cheese enchilada, rice, chips/salsa  (too many calories to count)
Dessert:  Strawberry Creme Frappuccino (well...I'd already fallen off the wagon)

Wednesday:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  Lean Cuisine Ravioli, salad, apple, oatmeal creme pie (400 calories total)
Dinner:  Chili (400 calories)
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories
Total:  1090 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment