Saturday, May 28, 2011

Shopping Woes

Today I went shopping for new work clothes.  Isn't it amazing how the same size fits you differently?  I can get a skirt and a dress in the same size from the same store, and one will be too big and one will be too small.  I must have tried on 50 different things today. I bought 3 dresses, two tops, and two sweater cover-ups. For the first time ever, I went to Brooks Brothers. While I do own a couple of interview suits, they're from Macy's, so I've never even priced stuff from Brooks Brothers.  (I should add here this was the outlet).  HOLY MOLY, that place is pricey.  I bought two dresses that were 40% off, and they were still a "regularly priced" item in my opinion. A suit from there would be at least $350.  My wedding dress didn't cost much more than that!  The one I bought at Macy's was $80.  I will say this, though...sometimes you get what you pay for. Everything I tried on there fit perfectly and was extremely well-made.  I'm petite, so I frequently have issues with things being too long, but their stuff was perfect.

Anyway, I do have a point.  I say this all the time, but when you're trying to lose weight, go to your favorite store and try something on once a week. Eventually, you'll start to see a difference in the way clothes fit you. It's the most motivating weight-loss tip for me.


Friday:
Breakfast - chocolate chip bread (guessing 150 calories)
Lunch:  leftover chicken ravioli (400 calories...not as much as the night before)
Dinner:  Buffalo chicken cutlets and risotto (600 calories)
Total for the day: 1150

Saturday:
Breakfast:  chocolate chip bread (guessing 150 calories)
Lunch: Chargrilled chicken sandwich, soup (from Chick-fil-a) 490 calories
Snack:  Chocolate chip bread
Dinner:  Scalini's for my mom's birthday (two weeks late)
Total for Saturday:  790 before the dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment