Sunday, April 10, 2011

35 more days...

Summer starts (for me) in 7 weeks. Of those days, 35 are work days.  This means I need to lose enough weight between now and then to feel comfortable in a swimsuit. Well, more comfortable. I wasn't comfortable at my skinniest by any means.  I should set a goal.  A realistic, obtainable goal. How about 15 more pounds? That's about 2 pounds a week, which I should be able to do.  I've lost 15 so far (or at least I had before spring break), so if I lose another 15,  that would make 30 in all. Yes!  Okay, 15 lbs in 7 weeks. I can do it.

I started off with a good day.  Today I went to the gym for my first workout in awhile, since I didn't work out last week. I did pretty well, I'm really trying to push myself with the levels on the elliptical machine and the amount of weights I'm attempting to lift.  I mean, I'm not ready to enter a body building competition by any stretch of the imagination (nor will I be...I'm SO not a body builder), but I do want become toned, which means I have to continue pushing myself.  I've been pretty good about my menu today (it will definitely be below my 1500 target). 

Breakfast:  frosted flakes (150 calories)
Lunch:  chicken quesadilla (350 calories), chips (150 calories), 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  cowboy spaghetti (Rachael Ray recipe - Smart Taste spaghetti with a sauce made of a little lean ground beef, bacon, tomato sauce, hot sauce, green onion and cheese).  It varies with calories depending on what meat I end up buying and how much bacon I use, and how hungry I am. Today, though, it should be about 400 calories.
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories

Total:  1380

No comments:

Post a Comment