Sunday, April 17, 2011

All things in moderation

I haven't blogged the past few days, but don't worry, I've been watching what I eat.  Friday night, I went to the Gwinnett Braves game with people from work, and we had food provided in our suite. I ate one hot dog, and some REAL potato chips. I don't know if they were baked or fried (I kind of think baked), but they were delicious.  I also ate a brownie. But, before the game,  I had only 610 calories, so it was okay.

Saturday, I had a cereal bar for breakfast, and a grilled chicken sandwich and soup from Chick-fil-a.  That totaled about 650 calories for breakfast and lunch.  Last night, I went to a wedding.  I ate a bbq sandwich on white bread, some mac and cheese, and green beans. I was very mindful of the portion sizes.  However, I will tell you that I had some of the groom's cake. It was several chocolate chip cookie cakes, with icing layered between. YUMMY!!  I only ate about half my piece of cake because it was so rich, though. So, again, I don't know my total calories, but I think I did okay.

Today, I've been good as well. Tonight, though, is the men's bake-off at church, so there will be cake. I'm not a huge cake fan, but Glen is baking a butterscotch pound cake that is delicious.  I guess I'll be eating dessert before dinner tonight.  :-)  I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (150 calories) and Subway for lunch (430 calories) plus a cookie (200 calories).

I did get on the scale this weekend, and my weight was the same as it was before spring break. So either, I've maintained for two weeks (which I kind of doubt considering what I ate over the break), or I gained over spring break and then lost it this week (more likely).  I don't know why, but I really am okay with it because I know that I am slowly losing weight in a lifestyle that I know I can maintain.  It might take me a long time, but at least I know I'm doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment