Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not my week.

I'm thoroughly annoyed.  The granite people were supposed to be here for our consult at 5:30, so I didn't go to the gym because I wouldn't have time to work out, get Caleb, and get home by 5:30.  So I skipped the gym and came home.  I went ahead and gave Caleb a bath, and fed him dinner at 5:00 so when they arrived he would be done with dinner.  Otherwise, in the middle of everything Caleb would have demanded dinner. So at 5:35 Glen gets home. 5:40 he calls the company to see where they are.  6:00 we find out someone else is coming, but they're just leaving and won't be here until 7:00.  Really?  I could have worked out and been home by now!!  These people are making me mad.  They didn't show on Monday and they are going to be ridiculously late today. 

Last night, I made poppyseed chicken.  When everything was ready, I portioned out some in tupperware for lunch today and then put some in another container for Glen when he got home.  I made my plate and sat down to eat. It was about 8:00. I took a bite...and it tasted a little funny.  I took a second bite and realized it was the chicken. It had gone bad.  I had defrosted the chicken that day, but I guess it was already bad when I froze it. Stupid sell-by date.  What would I do? Caleb was already in bed (no, I didn't feed him the chicken), so I couldn't go anywhere.  I didn't want to order a pizza, we had pizza the night before.  Nothing to do but wait for Glen to get home from church.  He called at 8:45 and I told him to bring me food.  He brought me a salad from Chili's.  It had more than the 400 calories my original dinner contained.  I did however, skip the ice cream last night.

So, despite my best efforts, this week is turning out to be a bust.  I was so motivated, too.  Plus, tonight I'm planning on making ziti with tomato-basil sauce and asiago cheese, but who knows how long this stupid consult will take.  I guess I'll be eating dinner at 9:30 again.

My menu:
Breakfast: cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  SmartOnes ziti - 300 calories, salad (50 calories), 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  I'm planning on the pasta - 500 calories
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories

Total for the day: 1240 unless something else happens and I eat something ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment