Monday, April 11, 2011

Mmm....food.

Okay, here's my problem:  I like to eat.  I mean, I know that sometimes I'm an emotional eater. Nothing helps a bad day like some boneless buffalo wings from Chili's.  But, I enjoy eating things that taste yummy.  And I don't care how much Biggest Loser I watch, a plate of veggies will never be quite the same as a bowl of yummy cheesy pasta.  Sorry.

But, unfortunately eating isn't conducive to weight loss, so I find myself trying to get hyped up about some asparagus.  (Sidebar:  that balsamic marinated asparagus WAS really good...but it's still not the same as a trip to Chili's). Don't you wish you could just eat what you wanted?  Why does it have to have consequences?  I'm sure we could blame it on Adam and Eve eating the fruit (ironic that eating is what got mankind into trouble), but I don't remember reading "the Lord shall greatly increase your pain in childbirth and cause whatever you eat to add fat to your hips". 

Anyway, here's my menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  leftover cowboy spaghetti (400 calories), apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Misc:  100 calories (I ate a couple bites of Caleb's dinner)
Dinner:  Lemon chicken pasta - angel hair and chicken in a lemon butter (don't worry, way more lemon than butter) sauce.  400 calories
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories

Total for the day: 1250 - and I worked out, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment