Monday, November 14, 2011

Christmas Tree Cakes

Confession:  I love Little Debbie's snack cakes.  Unless it has nuts, there really isn't one I don't enjoy.  My favorite are the chocolate squares with white icing inside. They're twin wrapped. Back before I counted calories (way before, I haven't eaten these for years), I loved twin wrapped snack cakes. Now, I only eat one and only once a year...Christmas Tree Cakes.

My mom had a snowman cookie jar and she used to put Christmas Tree Cakes in the snowman.  They are about 140 calories each, so it's not a terrible treat.  Anyway, these remind me of Christmastime (uh, obviously as they are shaped like Christmas trees).  Today when I opened my lunch my husband surprised me with....a Christmas Tree Cake!  Yay!  Merry Christmas!

Breakfast:  Special K Protein Meal Bar - 170 calories
Lunch:  leftover ziti (400 calories - smaller portion), grapes (60 calories), Christmas Tree Cake (140 calories)
Dinner:  Buffalo Cutlets/Risotto (550 calories) - cutlets dredged in Buffalo Shake N Bake and topped with some cheese and risotto cooked in chicken stock.  The risotto says 300 calories prepared online, but 150 on the container.  Whatever...I calculated it with the higher number.
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories

Total: 1450 - and I went to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment