Monday, November 28, 2011

Overcooked Pasta

Do you know what happens if you drop pasta before the water is completely boiling?  It comes out really gummy, almost overcooked.  Last night I thought the water was close enough, so I went ahead and dropped the pasta.  Mistake.  When I tasted it 10 minutes later (the recommended cooking time for ziti), it was really mushy on the outside and raw on the inside.  Yuck.  I made the ziti with bowtie pasta instead.  It was still yummy!


Breakfast:  Special K Protein bar - 170 calories
Lunch;  leftover pasta (400 calories), grapes (60 calories), 100 calorie cakes
Dinner:  Buffalo chicken cutlets with risotto (600 calories)
Dessert:  ice cream cone - 180 calories (new cones)

Total:  1510 calories - and I went to the gym this morning (yes at 5am)

No comments:

Post a Comment