Monday, November 7, 2011

Cowboy Spaghetti

I've noticed that when I'm counting calories, I focus my calories to meal times. I would rather have a satisfying meal than a bunch of little snacks. I'm usually honest about how much I'm eating - that whole recipe calculator allows me to enter the number of servings that I really make.  I'm sorry, I've never seen a box of pasta make 8 servings in real life.  Anyway, here's today...I'm realizing how carb-loaded my diet seems. On the bright side, I use Smart Taste pasta - so it has the nutritional value of whole-wheat pasta. 


My menu:
Breakfast - Special K Protein Meal Bar (170 calories)
Lunch - leftover chicken pesto pasta (350 calories - smaller portion), apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Dinner - cowboy spaghetti - (450 calories)  This stuff is great.  Ground beef, tomato sauce, bacon, onion, garlic, worcestershire sauce, and some hot sauce. I usually top it with scallions and a little cheddar cheese. 
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories

Total for the day:  1260

No comments:

Post a Comment