Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back on the wagon...

This past weekend, I went to New Orleans.  I ate for four days.  I had po-boys, crabcakes, shrimp ravioli, and beignets.  At the end of this my time, I felt like someone was going to have to roll me on the plane.  Since June, I've tried to work out and be mindful of my calories, but I haven't been posting my daily caloric intake. At the end of this weekend, I got on the scale.  I lost 15 lbs in the four months was posting daily (a pound a week...I'll take it), and I've gained 10 lbs back.  I have to be honest...I was pretty excited that I hadn't gained all and more back. But, my clothes are getting tighter, so time to return to blogging.  T-minus 30 pounds to go. (As a side note, it's also time to return to my 3-4 times a week early morning gym visits...)

So, it's time to return to reading labels, entering recipes online, and googling every food I eat to find out how many calories there are.  I'll probably take off a day here and there (it's the holiday season!), but I'm going to try and be good, or at least prepare for when I'm not by eating lighter beforehand.

So, today I want to introduce you to the Special K Protein Meal Bar. I discovered these when I went to QT after the gym one morning on the way to work.  I needed something that would fill me up until lunch. These are AWESOME.  They taste great (I recommend peanut butter and chocolate) and I'm not usually hungry again for a few hours.  Plus, they only heave 170 calories.  The downside is that they are expensive. But, Kroger does have them 10/$10 on occasion, so we stock up. Don't confuse them with the snack bars...very different.

My menu:
Breakfast:  Special K Protein meal bar - 170 calories
Lunch:  Chicken Quesadilla (350 calories) chips/salsa (160 calories) = 510 calories
Dinner:  Chicken Pesto Pasta with Sundried tomatoes = 500 calories.  This stuff is awesome.  It's sauteed chicken in garlic and red pepper flakes tossed with pesto sauce, sundried tomatoes, and bowtie pasta sprinkled with feta cheese.  I found it on allrecipes.com. It's delicious!!
Dessert:  ice cream cone (lowfat caramel ice cream) = 200 calories.  The cone helps me with portion control, and it's only 70 calories.  On days when I have 70 calories to spare, I add it to the ice cream.

Total:  1380 calories - and I went to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment