Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Early morning workouts

I believe we do what we have to do. I've been trying to go to the gym a few mornings a week before work.  My goal is 3 times a week and maybe once on the weekend.  I went today (my second trip this week) and I always feel great afterwards.  The problem is that I can have an entirely logical conversation with myself at 5am when the alarm goes off about why I don't actually need to go right then.  It's only 25 minutes earlier than my usual wake up time so it's not like I'm losing lots of sleep.  So why do I stay in bed more often than not?  Simple - I don't have to go to the gym.  I have to be at work on time so I always am.  You know how many times I've been late for work in the 10 years since college?  I can probably count it on one hand and have some fingers left over.  I always make it where I have to go on time because it's not an option to be late. But the gym is different.  I don't have to go there so I talk myself out of it at 5am.  I usually regret that conversation at 5:30am. I need to create a situation where not going isn't an option.  So...who wants to join me on the elliptical machines 3 mornings a week?

My menu:
Breakfast - Special K Protein meal bar - 170 calories
Lunch:  leftover cowboy spaghetti (450 calories), apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  Chipotle - chicken burrito bowl with rice, chicken, peppers, onions, corn salsa, tomatillo salsa, cheese (630 calories) and chips (160 calories...chips from the store have far fewer calories than Chipotle chips).  I love Chipotle and even with it I did okay with my calories today.

Total:  1570 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment