Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 1 results

I hate to admit it, but this whole recording calories thing works. I lost 2 lbs this week. I also made it to the gym four times last week.  I'm not dieting as much as I am trying to be mindful of how much I am eating and trying to keep my calories around 1500 a day.  Most days, I come in under that. Today I will be exactly at 1500.  I choose to eat most of my calories at meal time because I would rather have a good, satisfying meal.  For me, this is a lifestyle change. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that I have to record the calories to kepe this lifestyle change going.  It helps keep me aware of what I am eating.

Weekends are hard.  I can stay home and totally control my meals, but that's no fun!  So, in reality I will probably do some splurging on the weekends. Saturday night was my splurge...Cheesecake Factory.  Even so, I shared my meal with Caleb (because he said, "Mommy, I want pasta!" when he saw my dinner) and shared my cheesecake with Glen.  I never eat a whole piece there anyway, they are huge and REALLY sweet. 

Saturday:
Breakfast:  Cheerios - 150 calories
Lunch: Chick fil a Chargrilled sandwich (290 calories), soup (190 calories)
Dinner:  Cheesecake Factory - 4 Cheese Marinara with chicken, 1/2 piece Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake

Total:  Well, 730 before dinner.  I only ate about 2/3 of the entree because Caleb decided he really liked it too, which was probably a good thing. 

Sunday:
Breakfast:  Cheerios - 150 calories
Lunch:  Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla (500 calories because I used two fried chicken strips (no skin) left over from the dinner Caleb didn't eat last night, chips (150 calories)
Dinner:  Ziti with Tomato-Basil and Asiago Cheese sauce (600 calories)
Dessert:  ice cream cone (200 calories)

Total:  1500 calories - and yes, I went to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment