Thursday, March 17, 2011

780 Calories?!

So this afternoon after I left the gym, I went by Chick-fil-a to get Caleb dinner (our Thursday night ritual, apparently), and I really, really wanted to try the banana pudding milkshake. I knew I had been really good today (570 calories between breakfast and lunch) so I looked up the calorie content on my phone. A small banana pudding milkshake has ....780 calories!!! Are you kidding me?  I can name all sorts of fried or fattening foods that have less.  So, I skipped the milkshake. I could probably create one myself for way less. Hmmm...I know I could...130 calories for lowfat vanilla, half a banana (50), vanilla wafers (say another 75) and maybe some cool whip (fat free has practically none). What is Chick-fil-a putting in these milkshakes?

My allergies are killing me today, so I just took two benadryl. Good thing Caleb's bedtime is soon because I will be asleep shortly.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar -160 calories
Lunch:  200 calorie Digiorno pizza, salad (50 calories), apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Misc:  100 calories - three french fries (small ones!) and some of Caleb's goldfish.
Dinner:  poppyseed chicken with rice (400 calories), squash and zucchini
Dessert:  ice cream -130 calories

Total for the day:  1200 and I worked out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment