Thursday, March 10, 2011

I have no willpower...

I think that my profession helps me to control my snacking.  Because eating during the day (except at lunch) isn't really feasible, I rarely snack between meals.  This definitely allows me to eat more during meals because I don't have to count my snacking calories. Many people say to lose weight you have to eat 4-5 small meals through the day.  Not entirely true.  To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume.  I know there is probably a science to metabolism and the whole 4-5 meal thing.  I'm sure it works...but I still think it works because you are controlling your total number of calories.  Anyway, I don't have time for 5 meals. I barely have time for 3....the first one takes place in the car!  But, I digress. Today I had a half day meeting with various food in front of me to snack on.  There were doughnut holes, wheat thins, pretzels, and pita chips.  Since I rarely snack because I'm teaching, I don't usually have to worry about allowing for those calories.  But, I have little to no willpower when you put it in front of me.  Hmmm...doughnut holes.  But, I ate wheat thins. 

I don't think I could work at a job where I sit at a desk all day because I would eat.  All day.  I worked at the DHR in college, and the highlight of my day was lunch and snack time. So...my hat is off to all of you who work at those jobs and don't consume an extra 1000 calories.  I totally would.

I did go to the gym (fourth time this week! yay!).  Tonight Glen and I are actually BOTH going to be home tonight, so I'm going to cook and we're going to catch up on television we have on the DVR.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Snack:  wheat thins - 140 calories
Lunch:  leftover chili - 300 calories, 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  buffalo chicken cutlets (250 calories), risotto (350 calories), balsamic marinated asparagus
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories

Total for the day: 1430....stupid unplanned wheat thins...It's funny, I get upset about that...but stay tuned for my lunch fiasco tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment