Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I love pasta!

Have I mentioned that I love pasta?  I wouldn't last 10 minutes on the Atkins diet because I love pasta too much (plus sugar...I love sweet things, too).  I could go months without red meat, but pasta?  No way!  I do try to use Smart Taste or whole wheat pasta or veggie pasta.  That makes it better, right?  So tonight I'm making chicken parm.  It's been on my list for a week and I'm finally making it.  It's chicken cutlets covered in Italian Shake and Bake.  I love the buffalo Shake and Bake, so I'm hoping this one is good.  Then, I cover the chicken in my homemade tomato basil sauce and mozzarella and broil it.  Yum!  I serve it with a side of spaghetti (also in the tomato basil sauce).  I haven't eaten it yet (it's cooking right now!), but I'm starving and this sounds great. 

My menu today:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  leftover cowboy spaghetti (400 calories), grapes (50 calories), 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  chicken parm (400 calories)
Dessert:  ice cream (130 calories)

Total:  1240 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment