Thursday, March 3, 2011

More weight loss! Yay!

So I cheated today and got on the scale.  Sometimes I do that in the middle of the week to see how it's going.  I know people say don't weigh yourself daily, and I don't, but I've never been very good at being patient.  Plus, if I weigh myself on a Thursday and don't like it, it doesn't have to count. Obviously, that didn't happen today or you wouldn't be reading about it.

So, I've been pretty good this week, save one night where we had Chipotle.  I haven't been to the gym as much (although I'm still hoping for four times by Saturday), but I haven't eaten as much.  Anyway...I lost two pounds!  yay!  I guess the real test will be to weigh myself this weekend and see if I've still lost two pounds.  My weight tends to fluctuate up to five pounds within a day...at least on this particular scale. 

I'm super excited about dinner tonight. We're having buffalo chicken cutlets and risotto, which is yummy in itself, but I'm making a side of marinated asparagus. It's a recipe I got from a friend at work, and the asparagus marinates in a mixture of balsamic vinegar and spices.  I love balsamic vinegar and it smells so good.  I rarely (read: never) get excited about vegetables, so you know this has to be good stuff. 

Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  spaghetti - I didn't eat much because my tummy was bothering me...(300 calories), tagalongs (140 calories)
Dinner:  Chicken cutlets (250 calories), risotto (350 calories), marinated asparagus
Dessert:  pie (300 calories) - Glen bought me an individual piece of pie because of my rough week.  :-)  There are two pieces in the box, so the second will be making an appearance this weekend.

Total calories:  1500

No comments:

Post a Comment