Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sweet Tooth

I have a confession to make:  I have a sweet tooth.  I love sweets..candy, doughnuts, ice cream, etc. So, knowing this, I would like to announce my small victory today:  I passed up cake!  We had a cake at work this morning (from Costco, who makes surprisingly good cake), and I passed it up.  I've never been a big cake eater, but I honestly would have eaten a piece if I wasn't counting calories.  Then, the cake was still around at lunch time, and during my after school meeting, and I never did eat any. Good thing too, because I ended up dangerously close to being above my target of 1500 again.

Tonight I made Cowboy spaghetti for dinner.  Cowboy spaghetti  is pasta (Smart Taste!) and the sauce has 1/2 lb of lean ground beef, grated onion, garlic, hot sauce, tomato sauce, and bacon.  I top it with a little grated cheese and scallions.  It's delicious!

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  chicken noodle soup (220 calories), salad (50 calories), apple (60 calorie), 2 tagalongs (140 calories)
Snack:  a couple of handfuls of popcorn and a small brownie (150 calories)
Dinner:  Cowboy spaghetti (400 calories)
Dessert:  the final piece of pie...it comes with two slices in a box...300 calories

Total for the day: 1480 calories

I didn't go to the gym today because I had a meeting after school, followed by allergy shots.  I'll go tomorrow and Thursday, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment