Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day!

It was pointed out to me that today is "Pi Day"...cause it's March 14 (3/14, 3.14).  I had a Homer Simpson moment when I heard this because I thought, "pie...mmmm..."  Chocolate pie, cherry pie, apple pie, key lime pie, lemon pie.  I started craving pie, which was fortuitous because when I later sent Glen to Publix to pick up something, he came home with pie.  And I didn't even tell him about my Homer Simpson episode.

Caleb has started eating, or being served rather, the same meals that Glen and I are eating most of the time.  It isn't going too well...Caleb wants chicken nuggets.  Tonight I'm making chicken cutlets using Shake N Bake, (buffalo for us, original for Caleb), so I'm hoping once I cut it up he'll think it's chicken nuggets.  We're also having risotto (Caleb has eaten risotto in the past...but we'll see if he likes it).  He has to learn "this is what's for dinner", but that's harder at home because he knows what is really in the pantry.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  leftover lasagna (450 calories), 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  chicken cutlets (250 calories, risotto (350 calories), asparagus
Dessert:  PIE!  300 calories

Total for the day: 1610...a little high...but I did go work out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment