Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Calories don't count when you're sick...

First, I never ate dessert last night, so yesterday's total was actually 1160.  I made up for it today.

I woke up this morning feeling like somebody hit me over the head with a two by four.  I went to work, because not going would have required me to reschedule like ten meetings and it just wasn't worth it.  So, I made it through the day, and decided it was time to go to the doctor.  I had to get Caleb first because Glen is speaking at a church tonight, so I went by and picked up Caleb and headed to the doctor.  You ever want to have lots of fun?  Go to the doctor with a toddler when YOU'RE the one whose sick.  While we were waiting in the little room, Caleb was climbing on stuff and fell off.  He conked his head on the floor and started SCREAMING.  Of course, this was the moment the doctor came in the room.  I told her what had happened and after none of her tricks made him stop crying, one of the nurses went to get a lollipop.  Crisis averted.  (I took the lollipop away when it got small because it makes me nervous).

Two shots later, which Caleb cried for...though ironically he wasn't the one getting the shots...we continued on to get my prescriptions filled.  They must have been extra busy at Rite Aid tonight because it took about 30 minutes.  After greeting our pharmacy tech (even Caleb knows his name...), Caleb ran around the store and Mommy tried to keep up.  Aughh.  On to Chick-fil-a for Caleb's dinner, and we finally made it home.  I made my dinner while Caleb ate, and put it in the fridge for later.

Anyway, I think there should be a rule that when you're sick, calories don't count.  What do you think?

My menu today:
        Breakfast:  cereal bar (160 calories)
        Lunch:  Remember yesterday I mentioned lunch today was being ordered in, so it would be higher than normal?  I had a chicken salad sandwich on wheat (500 calories...I guess from the mayonnaise.  I was shocked when I looked it up, part of a bag of chips (100 calories, because I only ate a little over half the bag), and a cookie (200 calories).  Lunch totaled 800 calories.  Aughh!  But that cookie was totally worth it.  It was homemade, and gooey in the middle.  Yum.
       Dinner:  Poppyseed chicken with rice.  400 calories
       Dessert:  Lowfat ice cream (130 calories)

Total for the day:  1490 calories. 

I didn't go to the gym for obvious reasons. On the upside, when I was at the doctor, the nurse commented on my weight loss since my last visit (which was late December, I think...I get sick all the time in the winter).  Yay! For the weight loss...not the frequent doctor visits.

1 comment:

  1. Next time, drop Caleb off over here!!! Hope you feel better soon. Anything I can do???

    ReplyDelete