Friday, February 4, 2011

TGIF?

So this morning at work, I happened by my email and noticed I had one from Glen with the subject line "Call me".  I thought..uh-oh...this has happened multiple times in the last six weeks and it's never good.  So I check my phone and I have a text that says "call me" and a voicemail. No!  Never good!  So I make arrangements to leave the room to return the call. I find out Caleb fell this morning at daycare and his tooth busted into his lip.  They thought we needed to take him to the ER to get stitches. So I knew I had to go...got a sub, and left.
Stitches?  In Caleb?  You think Caleb will sit still for stitches?  Ha.

The pediatrician recommend we take him to Scottish Rite Urgent Care so we did.  His poor lip is so swollen...it looks like he lost a fight.  They didn't end up doing stitches (YAY!) because the tooth didn't puncture all the way through the lip (but it was close).  So Caleb has a hole in his upper lip. 

Afterwards, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch.  It was already 1pm, and Caleb was starving.  I got him a happy meal, and I got myself chicken nuggets (460 calories) and a side salad (60 calories with dressing).  I knew Caleb would eat some, so I got 10 pieces , but Caleb ate 2-3 of them, so I'm estimating I ate around 400 calories from the nuggets (probably more like 350, but I'm rounding up for safety) and 60 from the salad.  Not bad for a trip to McDonald's!  Caleb didn't really eat the fries, so he had part of a cheeseburger and a few nuggets.  He's in the 8%ile in weight.  Lucky. 

So we're home now, and Caleb is napping.  Poor little guy had a rough day.  For dinner, I'm not totally sure what I'm going to make. I'm thinking I want to make fajitas which would have about 500 calories for three fajitas...maybe less if I can get Glen to pick up some low-cal tortillas on the way home.  But I'll go with the higher count for now.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar (160 calories)
Lunch:  7 chicken nuggets, side salad topped with veggies (no cheese or crutons...sad)- 460 calories
Dinner: chicken fajitas with onions and peppers- 500 calories
Dessert:  ice cream (130 calories)

Total for the day: 1250 calories

I didn't go to the gym today for obvious reasons, though I was planning on it. Tomorrow I have a shower to go to, so it's not looking to good either...but...I'm starting to notice a difference in my clothes, which is EXCITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment