Friday, February 11, 2011

Fast Food Quandries

First off, I never had dessert last night (I fell asleep on the couch instead), so instead of 1490, it was 1360).

Rarely do I ever see commercials for fast food that make me want to eat it. I actually dislike most fast food restaurants (except Chick-fil-a), and don't eat there unless I have to.  I mean, every now and then I wind up at McDonald's or Wendy's, and it's okay...but usually if I'm going to consume that many calories I want them to taste better.  Two places stand out in my strong dislike:  Hardees and Burger King.  I mean...their burgers make my stomach turn.  Yuck.  Plus they have enough calories for like an entire day.

Anyway, I was driving home and heard a commercial on the radio for Wendy's Chicken Asiago Club. Uh...YUM!!! You can have either regular or spicy chicken, asiago cheese, and bacon. Why does this sound so appealing to me?  I never look at fast food and want it!  But I was ready to take a side trip over to Wendy's and try one out.  Don't worry, I didn't.

I don't know how long I'll be able to restrain myself, but one thing I do know is this:  whenever I do eat it, it won't be nearly as good as I think it will.  I'll feel terrible after eating it, and beat myself up about it for days.  This is the healthy approach to food I can't have, yes?

At any rate - tonight I'm having Chipotle, but I'm altering the calorie content of the chips, because last time I didn't eat anywhere near half a bag.  So I'm going to go with 1/3 of the bag and say 190 calories.  Seems about right...it's about the same as regular chips.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar (160 calories)
Lunch:  smaller serving of leftover asiago (400 calories), apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  Chipotle chicken burrito bowl (630 calories - see my Chipotle blog from January for a detailed description of ingredients and calorie content), chips (190 calories)
Dessert:  popsicle (25 calories)

Total for the day:  1465

No comments:

Post a Comment