Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm so hungry!

You know those people who say things like, "I forgot to each lunch today" or "I was so busy I just didn't get hungry".  I am so not one of those people.  I'm not saying that I don't get so busy occasionally that I may be forced to postpone (uh, I rarely skip), but you better believe that I am fully aware that I'm not eating.   As a matter of fact, I am so hungry these days that I'm constantly thinking about what and when I'm going to be able to eat again. Now, part of this is due to my meticulous menu planning, but mostly, it's because I'm hungry.  All the time.  I know I've cut my calories, and my body is adjusting, but somehow, I think that since I'm so hungry, the weight should be falling off faster than it does on the Biggest Loser. Unfortunately, no...it doesn't work that way.  That's my goal in life...to become someone who is so unoccupied with food that I can simply forget to eat because I was involved in something else.

So tonight I'm making the Fiesta Pasta toss that I made the first day I blogged. It's lean ground beef with taco sauce and spices, mixed with veggie rotini (spinach, tomato, and carrot pasta), and covered with mexican cheese (low-fat). It's about 350 calories per serving...but there may be an extra spoonful involved, so let's just say 500.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  200 calorie pizza, salad (50 calories), apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Snack:  one small piece of dark chocolate with raspberry (I looked it up...67 calories)
Dinner:  Fiesta pasta (500 calories)
Dessert:  teeny tiny ice cream cone - 120 calories

Total for the day:  1257

I was totally planning on going to the gym today, but daycare called and said Caleb had a temp of like 99% (he's teething...getting gigantic molars), so I went ahead and picked him up, but I'm going to go for a run a soon as Glen gets home.  I haven't ran in awhile...so it will be good to revisit a different form of cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment