Friday, February 18, 2011

Ode to PBJ


So today, I was planning on being really good because tonight is my February bible study/dinner/games with my Sunday school class.  I brought some chicken noodle soup, an apple, and a 100 calorie cake for lunch.  Unfortunately, I spilled my soup all over the table while it was still mostly (well more than half) full.  Sigh.  So I cleaned it up and threw it away and went to investigate the food choices in the cafeteria.   I ended up with a Smuckers PBJ (which I ate with my apple and 100 calorie cake).  Have you ever had one of these?  THEY ARE AWESOME!  I mean, I love PBJ in general – peanut butter rocks – but these are soft and there is tons of delicious peanut butter and jelly inside.  I guess my homemade sandwiches have always been skimpy on the actual PBJ – trying to save calories, you know?  But this was an incredibly yummy sandwich.  I’ve always been a fan, but it had been a long time since I had one.  Anyway, this delightful treat was 320 calories (sigh), so my lunch was now 480 calories.  Usually, that would be fine, but it’s pizza night tonight.  Oh, well, life goes on.

I’m so glad it’s Friday.  I’ve been sick most of the week and I need a weekend to rest and relax.  It is supposed to be beautiful outside, so my plan is for Glen and I to take Caleb to a nearby park.  He loves to run and play, and it will ensure a good afternoon nap, which is an added bonus. No workout today...I've been coughing a little bit because of my asthma is acting up due to the change in weather.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar – 160 calories
Lunch:  PBJ, apple, 100 calorie cake (480 calories)
Dinner:  pizza, salad, dessert.  I’m going to say I’ll eat two pieces.  But we’ll see.   No crusts.  

Total for the day:  A lot.  Really – I’m at 620 before dinner, so it won’t be too bad.  Maybe 1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment