Saturday, February 12, 2011

Success!

I decided to weigh myself today instead of tomorrow.  I think Saturday feels more like the end of the week than Sunday...plus, I got on the scale and was pleased with the results this morning so I decided it has to count.  This week, I lost 3.5 pounds!  Yay!  Progress!  That makes a total of 8.5 pounds so far. The most exciting thing, though, is that I am actually beginning to feel like I'm losing weight.  My belt is on the tightest notch.  Ooh, this is going to involve more shopping soon! 

This weekend is a little bit different in that I won't be including all the caloric contents of the food I'm eating, because I have no way of knowing most of them.  But, my goal is to make good choices this weekend.  Today I went to the Train Expo at the Cobb Galleria, and had lunch afterward at Jock and Jill's.  I had a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun (no cheese - just lettuce, onion, and pickles) and a side salad (with a very small amount of cheese and a few croutons) with low-fat balsamic vinagrette.  Our waiter was terrible, though, so there's no way of knowing if I actually got the low-fat version.  But, I figure the sandwich and salad had to come in around 400 calories.

Tonight I'm having a Girl's Night Out (YAY!) and we're having dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  I looked at the menu earlier (again, no nutritional info), but they had a few options that I think have potential.  I could get a grilled chicken wrap (tomato tortilla)  with tortilla soup (no avocado - yuck!),or maybe grilled shrimp or a couple chicken tacos.  I am going to have some chips and salsa though.  But I'll try to restrain myself from overdoing it. 

Tomorrow, Glen and I are going out to dinner for V-day, but I think I've already chosen where we're going (I just have to ask Glen), and it will be easy to eat healthy there.

My menu:
Breakfast:  banana (100 calories) - I know...100 calories in a banana?  Ridiculous.  Fruit should be no calories, like veggies.
Lunch:  Grilled chicken sandwich, side salad
Dinner:  Probably the wrap and tortilla soup, but I reserve the right to change my mind.  The tortilla soup typically has 235 calories in most Mexican restaurants, and the wrap can't be THAT bad. I'm guessing 190 calories for the tortilla, 110 for the grilled chicken, and maybe 100 for the cheese.

Total:  Don't know, but still proud of how I'm doing eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment