Saturday, February 19, 2011

Woman vs. Food

You know what  you shouldn't watch while you're trying to lose weight?  Man vs. Food on the Travel channel.  I was getting a pedicure today and it was on the TV in the salon.  Suddenly, these gigantic portions seemed totally reasonable.  I mean...one of the episodes was an Italian challenge.  If I were ever to take on an eating challenge...this would be the one.  I would be in some significant pain if I attempted to eat even half of what he tried to eat, but it still made me crave some yummy, authentic italian food.  Maybe I should just stay away from any food show I know is going to end badly.

I went shopping today at the outlet mall in Dawsonville. I can definitely tell that I've lost some weight because of the success I had shopping. In recent months, I haven't really bought much because nothing fit right, and I wasn't willing to go up another size.  Today, however, everything I tried on fit perfectly and it resulted in some major purchasing.  There's a Loft outlet there...and I LOVE the Loft, so the outlet was even better.   Really, really cute stuff.

This morning, I woke up coughing and wheezing really badly, so I went back to the doctor.  He told me I was "wheezing significantly" and needed oral steroids.  I'm still coughing/wheezing more than I would like, but hopefully I will continue to get better.  Other than that, I think my sinus infection is on the way out.

My menu:
Breakfast:  I didn't eat...I went to the doctor instead.
Lunch:  Subway turkey sandwich (320 calories), fat-free pringles (70 calories), 100 calorie cake
Snack:  half of a small vanilla frozen yogurt (130 calories)...Caleb ate the other half
Dinner:  buffalo chicken cutlets with cheese (250 calories), risotto (I've already done a diatribe about how I don't think risotto is really 350 calories, but I'm still counting it)
Dessert:  130 calories

Total for the day:  1350 calories

No gym today - that whole wheezing thing really interferes with a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment