Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snacks...

The problem with me is that if you put a snack in front of me, I act like I have no control.  Today at a meeting there was trail mix (nuts, raisins, chocolate) sitting in front of me, and I just couldn't resist. Plus, I had an entire conversation with myself about how this was really a good snack (uh, yeah...). So below, I count it as 200 calories, and I'm going to hope it was close...but I also know it was high in protein because of the nuts.

Busy today, so this is short, but here ya go:

My menu:
Breakfast- cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch - leftover chili with crackers - 325 calories, grapes - 50 calories, 100 calorie cakes
Snack:  popcorn, trail mix - I'm guessing 250 calories total
Dinner:  Buffalo Chicken Pasta - this stuff is AWESOME.  It's a Rachael Ray recipe - chicken, celery, onion, carrot, garlic all cooked together with tomato sauce and hot sauce.  You add elbow macaroni (I use Smart Taste) and cover it with pepperjack cheese.  I entered the recipe into a calorie counter and it's only 420 calories per serving.  Yay!
Dessert:  ice cream - 130 calories

Total for today:  1335 calories

I didn't work out, but I also just sat down and it's 7:53...so it's been a BUSY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment