Thursday, February 3, 2011

Coca-cola for headaches?

This morning I woke up with a migraine. So, for the second day, I went to work because to not go required me to reschedule a large number of meetings. I took one of my migraine pills and hoped it would work.  A couple of hours later, my head still ached and I was super nauseous.  One of my coworkers brought me a real coke.  I rarely drinking anything but diet soda, but sometimes the sugar and caffeine helps my headache go away.  Unfortunately, this did not work today...and I ended up with an extra 140 calories.  Boo.

My headache did eventually subside after lunch.  I went to the gym after work, and then to a ladies' workout at my church.  I know...TWO workouts.  Aren't you proud? 

Today I ate...
      Breakfast:  cereal bar (160 calories)
      Emergency Coca-cola for migraine (140 calories)
      Lunch:  Turkey sandwich on wheat hoagie (300 calories), half a bag of chips (100 calories), half a cookie (150 calories...it was a big cookie, so half was alot).
      Dinner:  Chick-fil-a Chargrilled sandwich (290 calories), cup of soup (190 calories)

Total for the day: 1330 calories...and I worked out twice!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment