Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fried foods...

Some people stop eating unhealthy food and don't miss it. They learn about all the preservatives and fat and unhealthy stuff that is in the food and that it does to the body.  They no longer crave those foods they had eaten for so long.  This isn't me. I know fully well why fried foods are bad for you and the negative effects they have on the body, but I still miss them. Mmm...french fries...mozzarella sticks...spicy chicken sandwiches...

I have many of the Hungry Girl cookbooks, and for the most part, I love them.  They have awesome recipes and are especially good at making desserts low calorie.  But, I must admit, their fried foods alternative is less than desirable. They suggest using Fiber One cereal as a coating for various foods, and to bake it off in the oven.  I don't mind the oven part, but have you ever actually eaten Fiber One?  Yeck!  I mean, I know they suggest adding some spices for flavor, but there aren't enough spices in the world to get rid of the tree branch flavor that's in the cereal.

Anyway, I'm not eating any fried foods today, but I'm thinking about them...and therefore blogging about them.  At any rate...here's my menu:

Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  leftover fiesta pasta (350 calories), apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Misc calories:  100 - a little snacking while waiting on Glen to get home for dinner (a couple goldfish, small piece dark chocolate, a ritz cracker)
Dinner: poppyseed chicken (400 calories) with veggies - squash and zucchini...
Dessert:  ice cream -120 calories

Total for the day: 1300 calories - and yes, I went to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment