Sunday, February 13, 2011

Date Night!

Tonight we are celebrating Valentine's Day.  My mom is babysitting, and Glen and I are going out to a movie and dinner.  I'm trying to remember the last time we had a babysitter for a date night...I'm thinking it was before Christmas. We have had my parents babysit a couple of times recently, but it was for other reasons.  Anyway, I'm very excited about an evening out!  Even if I do have to stay up past my bedtime. 

I had so much fun last night at Sips N Strokes.  I painted Starry Night, which I am thinking looks better as I spend time with my painting.  I totally want to go back. Maybe I can decorate my new house (which we will get as soon as this one sells!) with my own artwork. Anyone who knows me well knows why this is funny.  I don't have an artistic bone in my body, much less in my family (sorry, guys...but it's true).  But, it was a fun night.  I did follow the menu I posted yesterday for dinner and it was really good.  Plus, I got to have some much needed girl time.

So tonight I think are going to Genghis Grill.  It's one of those restaurants where you select your protein, veggies, sauces, and starch and they stir-fry it for you.  Because I actually get to pick everything out myself, I know what I am eating.  Plus...it's DELICIOUS and healthy! We are also going to a movie (I'm thinking the Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler) and I will probably have some dark chocolate raisinets.  Raisins are actually higher in calories than one might expect, but they are also healthy, right?  The dark chocolate is well, chocolate...but it's supposed to be better for you than milk chocolate, although I don't think there is any difference in calories. 

So my menu for today:  (I think)
Breakfast:  cereal bar (160 calories).   There were delicious looking cinnamon rolls in Sunday School, but I managed to restrain myself.  A friend and I tried to estimate the number of calories in these cinnamon rolls and we guessed 300.  I decided I would rather have a treat at the movies.  Sometimes dieting just involves deciding when you want to treat yourself. 

Lunch:  Subway - turkey and pepperjack on whole wheat - 330 calories, fat-free bbq pringles (70 calories), 100 calorie cake

Dinner:  Genghis Grill - boneless, skinless chicken, veggies (onion, carrot, celery, peppers, water chestnuts), brown rice and szechuan sauce (this one is a mixture of hot sauce, teriyaki, soy sauce, and probably some other stuff...I don't think it's high in calories, though).  I don't know how many calories this meal has, but I do think it a good choice for eating out. 

Movie treat:  dark chocolate raisinets....190 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment