Sunday, February 6, 2011

Frustrated!

So this morning, it was time to weigh myself again. I've been really good all week, sticking to my calorie allowance, working out, so I was expecting GREAT results.  I got on the scale and...lost two pounds.  Then, I got on the scale again...and lost one pound. I decided a third time on the scale was a bad idea, so I stopped there. I weighed myself again after church (after lunch and fully dressed) and I gained 3 pounds from this morning.

Maybe I've been watching too much of the Biggest Loser, but I was expecting more. Maybe 3-5 pounds?  I decided it was time to reassess. What could be my problem?  After some deep soul-searching, I came up with an answer.  It seems so obvious.  Do I need to eat less?  Eat more veggies?  Workout more?  No...quite simply...I need a new scale.  Costco has a Weight Watchers glass scale for like $20.  I'm buying it.  Happy Valentine's Day to me.  (For V-day, I want the scale and a car charger for my phone.  I know...super romantic).

The bottom line is that regardless of my weight loss this week (I'm going with 2 lbs, for a 5 lbs total so far), is that I feel better and my clothes fit better.  I wore a size 8 skirt to church today.  An 8!! Now, this skirt was probably marked wrong originally, and it was a tiny bit snug (but super cute!), but the tag said an 8 so it counts.  The jeans I'm wearing now are a 10, but I have some that I wear all the time that are a 12. I want to know...anyone else regularly wear three different sizes of clothes?

After being so proud of myself for a whole week for not splurging...I'm not counting calories tonight.  I'm going over to a friend's for the super bowl, and she is making yummy food.  I'm bringing a few things that I know are healthier (Hungry Girl boneless buffalo wings (175 calories for 5), HG jelly-filled cupcakes (92 calories), and HG mini-pizzas (75 calories).  But, I'm going to practice portion control and eat until I am full.

So...my menu today:
Breakfast:  Cheerios with skim milk (150 calories)
Lunch: grilled chicken wrap in a tomato tortilla with corn salsa, lettuce, and cheese (500 calories) and a few fries (300 calories)
Dinner:  Well, I've had 950 already....let's just go all out and say 1000.

Total:  1950.  Well, it's less than I used to eat everyday...so I guess it could be worse.

No gym today...no time.  I will be going tomorrow, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment