Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken biscuits and Elliptical machines


So this morning, I ate a chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  (I know…I’m not losing any weight this week…at this point, I’m just trying to break even).  Did you know a chicken biscuit has 440 calories?  I mean…I don’t know why that seemed high to me but it did.  I actually don’t like biscuits unless they have something on them, so I always tear off the edges where there is no chicken.  But this particular biscuit had a perfectly shaped piece of chicken, so I didn’t tear off much of it.  

The good news is that I wasn’t at all hungry all morning.  Usually I’m ready to eat my arm, but today I wasn’t even super hungry at lunch.  I did go work out today, too.  I think my workouts are where I’m seeing the most change.  I can go longer and harder on the elliptical machine, and I’m upping the amount of weight I am lifting.   

In the end, my calorie count was fine even with the yummy breakfast treat.  It's funny though, how I stress so about something like that now. I guess that says a lot about my eating habits...there is a certain amount of guilt when I eat something I know I shouldn't.  But, I must admit, my goal is truly "all things in moderation", because I will eventually go off a diet but I want to make a lifestyle change. Perhaps that's why it took me almost two years to lose this weight the first time...because I didn't count every calorie and just tried to exercise and eat sensibly.  This time...I am counting every calorie, at least for awhile, but I want to reach a point where I don't have to anymore because I make balanced choices automatically.  We'll see if I get there.

My menu:
Breakfast:  Chicken biscuit – 440 calories
Lunch:  leftover buffalo chicken pasta – Usually it’s 420, but I didn’t eat all of it, so I’m guessing 350 calories, apple – 60 calories, 100 calorie cake
Dinner:  Poppyseed chicken (fat free cream of chicken soup, fat free sour cream, and chicken mixed together and baked with reduced fat ritz crackers on top) with rice and veggies – 400 calories
Dessert:  Popsicle - 25 calories

Total for the day: 1350 calories – Not too bad

No comments:

Post a Comment