Tuesday, February 1, 2011

100 calories? No way!

So today I want to praise the invention of the 100 calorie cakes.  Have you ever had these?  You've probably noticed I eat one with my lunch at school every day.  They are hostess cakes, and they are little cakes with icing and cream in the middle.  They come in all sorts of flavors - vanilla with chocolate frosting, chocolate with chocolate frosting, strawberry with cream cheese icing, coffee cake, lemon with lemon icing, and probably some others as well.  I used to be a huge fan of the 100 calorie cookies until I tasted these.  They are awesome!  Completely indulgent and well, tiny.  I mean there are three of them, but the three together are still smaller than any Little Debbie or Hostess cake. Still, I love them. They provide the necessary sweet ending to any meal.

My menu:
          Breakfast:  Cereal bar - 160 calories
          Lunch:  Spaghetti (350 calories), grapes (50 calories), 100 calorie cake
          Dinner:  I think I'm going to make Buffalo chicken cutlets (just boneless, skinless chicken -110 calories- rolled in Shake n Bake, which only has 40 calories), risotto (350 calories), and some squash/zucchini (no calories...or at least I'm not counting them.  I roast them in the oven with a little calorie-free olive oil spray and salt/pepper)
          Dessert:  Lowfat ice cream (130 calories)
Total for the day:  1290 calories

I did go to the gym today. I worked out on the elliptical machine, and then did leg weights.  I try to alternate muscle groups every time I go. Hopefully, I can go two more days this week...I really want to be there 4 days per week. This week, that really needs to happen because the next two days my lunch is being ordered in, and it's a little higher in calories than I usually go for at lunch.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment