Monday, February 28, 2011

Girl Scout Cookies

I don't know what it is about Girl Scout cookies that make them so delicious. Perhaps that you can only get them them at a certain time of year?  Perhaps the delicious combination of cookie, chocolate, and peanut butter of the Tagalong?  Or maybe the coconut, caramel, and chocolate of the Samoa?  Regardless, I suddenly lose any amount of self-restraint when the box has been opened.  I've had 3 boxes of Tagalongs and 1 box of Samoas in my cabinet for weeks (along with Thin Mints and Shortbread cookies...but I don't like those as well), and haven't touched them.  Then, yesterday, I opened the Tagalongs.   I ate one (I ended up counting it as part of dessert last night if you're wondering why you didn't see it on my menu).  Today, I ate one again. The can feel "the precious" calling to me from the kitchen. Maybe I should go ahead and eat all three boxes and then I can move on with life. Good idea, yes?

I went to the gym this afternoon, but I had to leave after I finished the elliptical because of the weather.  I came home and did some of my own free weights for awhile to make up for it.

So my menu today:
Breakfast:  cereal bar (160 calories)
Lunch:  salad (50 calories), 200 Digiorno pizza, apple (60 calories), 100 calorie cake
Snack:  Tagalong - 1 (70 calories)
Dinner:  Chicken parm - I sautee the cutlets in a pan with just salt and pepper, then cover in my yummy tomato-basil sauce with some mozzarella and broil it in the oven.  I serve it over spaghetti (Smart Taste!) 450 calories
Dessert:  Ice cream - 130 calories

Total for the day:  1220 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment