Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

So last night there may have been a piece of molten chocolate cake involved with a scoop of vanilla ice cream involved.  It was included in the "Valentine's Special", so Glen and I may have shared it.  I regret nothing.  FYI:  Just Go With It was an awesome movie.  I recommend it! 

Valentine's Day is a fun day when you're a teacher, but a hard day when you're trying to watch what you eat.  I was pretty good, but there was definitely at least one or two piece of chocolate involved.  For dinner tonight, I'm cooking Glen's favorite - chicken spaghetti.  It's sour cream (fat-free), cream of chicken soup (98% fat-free), chicken (I buy a rotisserie chicken and take off the skin and de-bone it), and 1.5 cups of 2% cheddar mixed into the sauce. Then you add one box of spaghetti (Smart Taste!), and mix it up and cover it with another 1.5 cups of 2% cheese and bake it. I entered everything into a recipe calculator and it's about 450 calories per serving.

I did go to the gym today.  My schedule this week (so far!) has plenty of gym time in it, so I'm going to try and go 4 times.  I am really starting to feel a difference in the way I look, so that makes me more motivated.

My menu:
Breakfast:  cereal bar - 160 calories
Lunch:  200 calorie Digiorno pizza, side salad (maybe 50 calories), apple (60 calories)
Snack:  V-day candy...I'm going to estimate 200 calories here. I only ate two pieces, but one piece had peanut butter. 
Dinner:  chicken spaghetti - 450 calories
Dessert:  ice cream - 110 calories (Glen found a new mini ice cream cone that has fewer calories, but it's tiny)

Total for the day: 1230 - Pretty good and I worked out too!

2 comments:

  1. Holly, I love following your blog. We are trying to lose it too! What a battle. Would you mind to send me the website that you use to calculate calories once you enter ingredients? I looked back at your blog and couldn't find it. Also, what are the names of the cookbooks you are using? I need some new supper ideas badly! Thanks for being transparent and encouraging! It's helping me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - the website I use is http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp.


    I typically use Hungry Girl cookbooks, but I also just try to modify recipes using lower fat ingredients if I can. It usually just depends! I make it up as I go.

    ReplyDelete